Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Quick update

Hello all!

It has been a little bit since I wrote and I wanted to post a little update. Things are going well in Cusco. I am just finishing my 4th week of Spanish school and feeling a bit overwhelmed, trying to get all of the tenses straight. I have learned a ton, but now need to go out and make sure that I practice all that I have learned. Isn't that the challenge we all have!

I start my first volunteer job on Monday. It is at the Centro de Salud Beleu Pampa here in Cusco. Tomorrow I will go there for a meeting, so I'm sure I'll have a better idea of it all after that. I am excited, and of course a bit nervous. I had some private medical Spanish lessions last week, so I now have at least a working vocabulary. I'll keep you posted on how things go!

I have done a bunch of exploring in the Sacred Valley over the past 2 weeks. I will post pics soon, I promise! Things are quite well here, busy and filled with amazing friends, both travelers and Peruvians. I am certainly lucky to have met some incredible folks, who have all eased my transition to life in Peru.

I recently got a cell phone, upon which I can receive texts and calls. The number from the states is (011-51-84-991-6036). Call if you would like. Otherwise, please keep the emails coming! It is so great to open up my mail to news from home and the people I care about.

Hasta pronto,

laura

No comments: