Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hello from Cuzco!

And the adventure continues...it has been a little while since I posted and I am finally finding time to get some pictures up. Currently, I am in Cuzco, about to begin my volunteer placement tomorrow (it was supposed to start Monday, however the past 2 days have been some sort of holiday. a celebration about a battle btwn Chile and Peru, which aparently Peru lost. don't really understand holidays in this country...) Over the weekend I moved into a house that the school ownes and uses to house volunteers. It is MASSIVE. A mansion, particularly compared to Peruvian standards. I hosted a dinner party there on Sunday. I've been missing the hominess of 654 Jamestown, so it was a great introducion to my new place.

Yesterday a few friends and I went white water rafting down a river 2 hours south of Cusco. It was SUPER fun, but rediculously cold. I'm still thawing out today. I know, I'm from MN and should be able to handle things like that. Well, it was tough. But great fun, nontheless (though my friend Daphna might feel differently...the cold was a bit much for her Israeli blood).

So, that is the short update! I have a bunch of good friends that I've made through the Spanish school, some of whom are on their way soon to continue their travels, and others who will be staying to do volunteer work as well. It is a great community of really interesting people, all from different backgrounds.

I hope all is well with all of you! Please continue sending email updates. I love to hear!

laura

No comments: