Sunday, April 13, 2008

Torres del Paine

Some of the peaks around the backside of the circuit...before we had to turn around because there was too much snow to cross the path. That, and the avalanches that kept falling...
Futbol!!! In the driving snow, with the Chileans at the refugio where we were waiting out the worst of the snow. Hilarious!
Happy Laura! Bundled for the snow-camping...
Refugio Dickson...saved us from having the be outside through the entire storm.
The crew outside Dickson - L to R - Melissa and Daniel (USA), me, Florian (Germany), Angie (Canada), and Aaron (Australia).
Hello everyone!


I am in Puerto Natales, Chile, just outside of the Torres del Paine national park, just having returned from an 8-day trek through the park. Quite an experience, one that is better described through photos...so, here you go!


Besos from Patagonia,
lwell

3 comments:

Karelia Cigarettes said...

I’ve recently visited your blog and may say that it is both delightful and admirable, no one could have done a better job! The pictures are indeed adorable and the content is extremely interesting. This is the case when I have a chance to call your blog charming and captivating at one time! I’ve immediately added it to my favorite links and cannot imagine a more outstanding place to spend my time at!

Gui said...

i love chile!!!!!

David Wellington said...

What's up with your first Torres picture where you're "posing"? Looks like you're hiding a baby bump under your jacket. Is there something you want to tell your brother about being a baby-mama? I thought we were close? Am I an uncle? I hope its a boy. You should call him Guido, or David- I think it'd be OK to name him after me, I wouldn't mind that much. Dibs on being his god-father. Mom and Dad are going to be thrilled when I tell them!